Friday, November 4, 2011

Wood? Well......

I had a chance to meet the editor of American Woodworking magazine last may and we spent some time talking about the role cnc machines of all sizes were playing in both business and consumer applications.  Many people have found that the smaller CNC machines have become an entry point into understanding what's capable. Further more, some of us have done some rather large projects with them.  While some of us will eventually transition to larger CNC machines if it's for business, it is likely that the CNC machine for the casual user is here to stay.  Whether it's woodworking, sign making, model making, art, candy making or a host of other things we haven't even considered using it for- the versatility and ability to express creativity makes them even more attractive as the prices become more affordable.
I was very pleased to find out that some of my work is shown in this month's issue of American Woodworker.  I hesitate to admit that the sign they show has very little wood in it...but I'm thrilled none the less. It's hard to believe how many firsts this year has held for me.  I have lots of things I want to accomplish, and things like this bring home to me that it's real and that my effort is making it happen.  I can't wait to see what 2012 holds. I have some plans...


1 comment: