Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Making tracs...tractors that is.

I managed to get some sculpting done yesterday on the McCauley farm sign...





Today I had a meeting with a client, and had some design work I needed to get done,
but in between those things I got some initial coats of paint on the sign.  I try to paint
from the back (lowest) to the front (highest).  With these initial coats on, I will go back
in and begin to use various glazes and dry brushing to bring the colors much closer
the the design, although I may change a thing or two in the process....sometimes
during paint, it becomes clear that a few subtle changes need to happen...


I try to make the initial coats fall in the "middle".....they will get deeper tones
and then highlights.  I alternate between going from dark to light and light to
dark depending on what I'm painting... I've also decided to carve a "plate" with
the established date for the bottom...I'll get that carved in the morning. It can
carve while I'm starting on the glaze work.  I also need to mix up some John Deere
green!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment