Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ah...Summer.

For the last couple of weeks, I've been busy preparing for the first class I'll be teaching on the CarveWright cnc machine.  It's a 3 day course that will focus on how I use the machine to do many different things.  I'll be showing how I build 3D files, make jigs, plan carving, prepare files to carve, and much much more.  I think it's going to be a great time, and I know I'll learn a great deal from those who attend.  I have much to share and hope the experience will be a mild push for those who attend to go make something fun!

In addition, the warm weather means it's finally time to get serious about a couple of large scale projects. One of them is a mural in Toulon, Illinois.  This is a large project. The Mural is approx. 14' x 53'.  I have primed as much as I could with ladders and have now set up scaffolding to take me the rest of the way and to begin the process of putting the drawing on the wall and painting!  I enjoy being in the shop very much, but when the weather is nice and the radio is on..painting a mural is pretty much awesome.  It will take a couple weeks (with the CarveWright class near the beginning).    Today I learned that I can put up 3 sections of scaffold by myself pretty quickly.  Now it's time to finish the priming..and then it will be time to finish the small details for the class.


Just a reminder..this is the small carved version of what this mural will look like:

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the mural done Doug! Maybe the next one should be 3D!!! WOW a 14' x 53' 3D mural!!! Have fun!!!
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete