Saturday, October 27, 2012

Helping One Another

I have a friend who has been a tremendous value to the Walldog group I belong to. His name is Scott Lindley, but we all call him Cornbread.  He works like crazy to help towns set up a Walldog event and does everything he can to make sure it all goes well.  He put on the event in Danville, Il. Arcola, Il.  and he has about 3 more lined up including the one next year in Kewanee (very close to me).  It's been a pleasure to get to know him.
He asked if I might be able to help him with a sign he sold in Arcola.  It's for a park. There are two identical signs.
Cornbread did the design and it's been my job to convert that to files that can be carved. I've done it in about 3 layers. It's about 4' x 5' and will be mounted between 2 posts.

I couldn't help myself...I added some small relief sculpting to the background trees.  I'll glue up the pieces tomorrow and get the second one assembled as well.  It's great to help out a friend and do something I enjoy at the same time....


No comments:

Post a Comment