Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Urban Progress

It was a great day today.  The weather was warm, but a cool breeze kept us going.  We came very close to completion, but didn't quite have enough of the dark brown/black mix of paint I'd prepared.  I made what I thought was more than enough, but I was wrong.  Tomorrow I'll wrap it up, and then project the second sign on the rear of the building. It's a logo for the artist's studio rental portion of the business.  It's is a nice logo and should paint quite quickly. I need to complete it quickly as this year's Walldog event in Arcola, Illinois is coming and I have some work to finish in order to be ready for it.

The brick on this side of the building has been a challenge, but well worth it.  Shannon Ingles helped with the border and filling in around the lettering as I completed it.  She's done really well and has been a great companion in working on the last couple of projects.  Today I subjected her to classic rock.  I'm hoping she recovers.




No comments:

Post a Comment